Hi all, so this happens to be my most favorite time of the year--except for the unbelieveably cold weather! Anyway, as I sit in my toasty warm house staring at the 28 degree thermometer reading on my computer (seriously, 28 degrees in St. George???) I have decided to grace you all with pictures of our first real Christmas tree! Usually we just use those ugly irritating fake ones, but this year, things are a changin in the Young house! So, without further adieu, here is my tree!
I usually don't get the tree out and put together until after the 1st of the December but like I said, things are changin this year! So, the day after Thanksgiving, while mom was at work, J and I braved the chaos and went shopping! Not until after the crazy crowds were gone of course! We left the house around 8am and spent about 5 hours just hangin out together and shopping! It was a blast! Our last stop was home depot where we picked up 2 douglas firs! I got one for upstairs for us and one for downstairs for mom! I don't have pics of mom's tree but it is gorgeous (what did you expect, I decorated it...haha) anyway, I had to drive home with these two 6+ ft. Christmas trees poking out of the back window of my car! Probably pretty comical to anyone driving by me! I got them home and wrangled them out of the back window. Fought with the tree stands and got them put together and finally managed to get mom's tree all set up for her in the basement before she got home! Then I turned my attention to my tree! I had to rearrange my living room to make a spot--not a big deal since I had been wanting to rearrange for a few weeks anyway, this just gave me an excuse to do it! As J napped, I decorated our tree! When he got up, he was in awe of the "twee" in our living room! He now affectionately calls it "da kissmas twee" and loves it! He always is asking me to turn the lights on, which of course I do! we now have all of our presents wrapped and under the "twee" so we are ready to go! The only thing missing is Daddy! I tried to get J to sit in front of the tree so I could take a picture but he felt like pulling some kind of strange pose so this is what I ended up with...
Then of course I had to get some other pics of him in his brand new CARS sleeper to send to his daddy! We had a great time hangin together over the Thanksgiving break! I love being with this little guy. He is so much like his daddy and it makes it a little easier on me to have part of Karl's character here even though he is far away!
Merry Christmas everyone!



3 comments:
So cute! I wish we got a real one... we do the dopey fakes :(
Love the pose by the tree, made me chuckle, you have such a cute little guy!
What a cute tree. That was nice of you to bring one in for your mom as well. I love how he posed in front of the tree. He is so grown up now!
Post a Comment