So we made it to Delta finally--first time this whole year! I took an extra day off for Independence Day weekend so we had 4 days in D-town! It was great--20+ degree cooler temps than St. George and great friends for 4 days--the only thing that would have made it better would have been to have Karl there with us! J and I hit the road around noon on Friday and wouldn't you know the wind was blowing like mad once we got over the black ridge (big surprise there)! So, after Milford, it was nothing but a giant dust cloud for 60 miles! It was actually kind of cool so I snapped some pics as I was driving...as you can see in this pic, I was going just a little faster than the speed limit ;)...okay, only 15 over but does anyone really go 65 on Milford highway? Seriously, what are you gonna hit, a stray tumbleweed! Anyway...

Here is a shot of the giant dust cloud just before we drove into it!

Once we made it to Delta, I was ready to relax! We made quick visits to grampa's and mom's (Karl's mom) graves to pay our respects and then off to aunt Casey's and uncle Marty's house. I think J likes aunt Casey more than he likes me! She took him to the kid's parade on main street and he had a blast! This is him being pulled in the red wagon through our one-stop light town! (Thx Brad, Natalie, and Casey!)

Here he is just as thrilled as can be, chillin out in the wagon and wearin his patriotic colors--which by the way, I didn't plan, it just ended up that he wore that!

After the kid's parade, everyone came to Marty's & Casey's house to chill and Natalie (or maybe Casey) snapped this darling shot of my little guy!

The next morning was the big parade! J was excited about it before we got there but once we got to our spots and he found out we had to wait for the parade to start--he got grumpy. I hate to say it but he inherited my impatience~he hates waiting for anything!

Some of the derby cars drove in the parade--this one of course was his favorite! We didn't go to the derby this year but I heard that this one won the wipeout round!!

Later on, after a nice nap on the couch with mommy, he decided to give football a try! There were 5 other kids, all older than J, there and he did a really good job keeping up with them all. Brad and uncle Marty helped him out though--they would get the ball for him and block the older kids so he could run. I really should have videoed some of it but I was just having fun watching! J had such a good time. We had a crab-boil and enjoyed the afternoon/evening hangin out and having a campfire in the back yard (love that about delta, you can build a fire in your yard and no one cares!). When it was time for fireworks, J got scared and just laid on my shoulder. Hopefully by next year, he won't be afraid of them.

They also played horseshoes, but for some reason I don't have any of those pics on here...Anyway, here is a shot of J in mid-stride waving to me as he darted across uncle Marty's back yard! He was so tired after 3 days of running non stop to keep up with the older kids but he is such a little trooper (little side note--Wednesday nite, the 7th, he went to bed at 7:15p.m. cuz he was still so worn out from the weekend!)

We had a BBQ on Sunday and everyone came over again and played more football and horseshoes and had another campfire and just chilled. It was so relaxing and nice to get away from the city for a few days! Monday morning, we got our stuff gathered up and loaded and stopped by grampa Young's house for a visit. Then we came home and back to the real world! It was a great weekend with great company, lots of staying up late and sleeping in (till 9am! my day is usually almost half over by then!), good food, and COOL weather! Can't wait to go back again in the next month sometime. That's the last time I let 9 whole months go by without a visit to D-town!
1 comment:
yay!! looks like so much fun!! i hope everything is going well!! :D i have a new blog.. i just started it so there isn't much but yeah!! its danandmadi@blogspot
Post a Comment