Sunday, January 24, 2010

Stole this from a friend's blog and liked...BRAG POST!

I challenge EVERYONE to create a brag post. Not a "my husband is the best and my kids are perfect" post. But a post in which you just take a minute to brag about your very OWN talents and accomplishments. It seems that even though many of us are very good friends, we know very little about the things that make each of us who we are! Here are three of things that I have been told by others that I am very good at. Seriously, I challenge everyone else to do this same thing. We need to learn to love ourselves, this is a step and it will be fun to be reminded of the special talents that each of us has!

Brag #1: I am a very talented musician. I play most single-reed woodwind instruments very well. My specialties are clarinet and tenor saxophone. I have been playing them since 6th & 7th grade (respectively) and love it! I have won many awards over the years for performances but the best thing about it is knowing that fellow musicians feel that I am a good player! Knowing that other players look up to me is a great feeling! Brag: #2: I take great pride in my work. I work in a sometimes high-stress job--Real Estate. I manage up to 80 clients on any given day and I try to give them all the best service possible. Part of my job is to help clients that are in default (behind on mortgage payments) to negotiate short sales on their homes. This can be a very emotional process for the client so I have to handle every aspect of the transaction with their feelings in mind. I have been told many clients how much they appreciate the way I have handled their file while selling their home. I have been in their situation so I know first hand how difficult it can be to know that you are going to lose your home. I love being able to help people in that same situation get through it with some of their sanity left! Just the other day, a client brought me a thank you card at work and it made my day! Not the first time that has happended though!
Brag #3: I am a good teacher. I taught a class at work a few weeks ago and afterward I had so many people tell me how much they enjoyed my class and how much they learned. Even now, many of the people that were there come to me at the office to ask more questions. I have also taught clarinet lessons and been told that I have quite the knack for teaching. That is a good thing since that is what my career is going to be!!
Alright, so post about 3 of your brags. They cannot be about your family, just your deep to the core individual talents (sure, they can be cooking or other home things, but they need to be things you really feel awesome about). And if you can't think of any, then make a post asking others to tell you what you excel at!

3 comments:

Potters said...

I love this post. You are a very talented person and a great mother and wife. I admire you.

Liz Szilagyi said...

I love that you did this! I thought it was fun. And you do have a VERY good ear for music. I always envied you and Brooke for that gift. It seemed you could play any instrument you tried.

So, are you getting a teaching license? I recommend it. I love my job!

Utah Youngs said...

Awww, you guys are too sweet!! I am loving playing my instruments again--after a nearly 6 year musical hiatus it is good to be back in the band! Liz--i am working toward a teaching license-it will take a few years since Karl is gone and I can only take a couple classes each semester but i think half the fun is in the journey so I will just enjoy it :) can't wait to start teaching though!!

Places I've Been