We have some big life changes coming up in the next few months. First, Karl comes home this summer. He gets released from the prison on June 19th and has to be taken to SLC for processing. Not sure how long he will have to stay there but I am so excited to be able to pick him up from the prison and drive him to Salt Lake. That will no doubt be the shortest 13 hour drive ever! It will be so nice to be able to spend that one-on-one time with him in the car to catch up on the last 3+ years. It will definitely suck to have to leave him in SLC but at least he will be in the same state :) I know it will be quite an adjustment for all of us once he gets to come home but we are anxiously awaiting that day!
As some of you know and others may not, I am in the process of joining the US Marine Corps. Yes, you read that correctly, I'm becoming a marine! Now before you get wild images of me blowing things up and charging after bad guys, relax...I'm going to be a musician. Yes, there are musicians in the military and I am so excited to be able to use the talent and skills that I have spent the last 18 years perfecting to provide for my family. There is really not a better gig for a musician...I'll get paid to exercise, practice my instrument, and perform...plus all the benefits afforded to every member of the military. But, more importantly than all that, I will be able to serve my country in a way that very few people get to. I have always wanted to do great things with my life and now I get to. I never thought that at age 29 this would be the path I would be on but I am so grateful that this opportunity presented itself. I know that the first year or so is going to be REALLY tough but anything worth doing is. If it were easy, everyone would do it!

With these and other changes coming, I have been feeling quite overwhelmed the last few weeks. I am not usually super emotional about stuff but I have been lately. 6 months ago I didn't really know where my path was headed...I knew that my schooling was almost done but didn't really know what I wanted to do afterward. Now I have a clear cut plan of where I am going and what is going to happen and it's a lot to wrap my head around. I am super excited (and kind of nervous) for what is coming though. It's very satisfying to know exactly where your life is headed and even more so because I will hopefully be able to inspire others and make a difference in someone's life.



No comments:
Post a Comment