In true American fashion, I have set some resolutions for myself. It is nice to be faced a new year & clean slate if you will...as with any goal, resolutions are useless unless they are written down and announced to others. If no one knows your goals, then there is no one to celebrate with when you achieve them! So, here are mine!
1. Be better at keeping a tidy house. This will require constant attention but I have learned that
tackling just a few small chores each day makes it much easier to do. I have learned that
overloading myself by thinking I have to clean the entire house in one day is mentally draining and I end up doing nothing! Baby steps are the key to achieving this goal!
2. Make progress on scrapbooking...you can never finish scrapbooking. I guess if you never took
another photo than you could, but let's get real, that's NOT gonna happen! So, my goal is to make a minimum of 10 scrapbook pages per month. I have already done 6 for January so I am off to a good start!
3. Practice my instrument a minimum of 4 times per week. I have a really hard time squeezing
in practice time...between full time school, full time work, full time parenting, teaching lessons,and performing gigs, it's a miracle I have time to breathe! So, now that I have a "spare" clarinet, I will try my hardest to get some practice time in at home at least 4 times per week this year.
4. Lose 15-20 more pounds. I worked really hard last year on losing weight...got within 12
pounds of my goal. Sorry to say I really blew it during the holidays though (who didn't?) and
gained about 9 lbs. back. So now I'm back on the wagon and determined to hit my weight goal
of 150 lbs. Even if it takes me all year, I'm GOING to make it!
5. RUN a 5k...this will take a miracle...seriously, I'm NOT a runner at all but for some crazy
reason I think it would be cool to do this. I know what I need to do to train for it but I have to stay motivated to do it...and find the time to do it...even if this one doesn't happen this year, I want to do it someday...you could say it's an item on my bucket list!
6. Plan my meals on a month by month basis. My boss and my aunt both make a weekly/monthly menu and they both say that they love it. I am always wondering what to make for dinner, that is, when I have time to make dinner. So I am going to give this idea a shot. We'll see what happens :)
There you have it, my goals and aspirations for 2011...it's gonna be a great year!
What's in a Word Part 1 - What to Say
8 years ago



2 comments:
Yeah for a 5K. I won't lie, it was miserable at times. My advice, never stop running (even if you are getting passed by speed walkers). Regardless of how much you hate running, it will feel like a HUGE and worth while accomplishment.
I like your goals. I think I want to share them all but the one with instruments.
Post a Comment