Sunday, May 24, 2009

Another long drive!

We just pulled in the driveway from visiting Karl in California. We have been on the road for (exactly) 7 hours and 26 minutes!! We drove all the way from Taft, CA to home and only stopped 3 times!! It is a good thing that JT likes to ride in the car (and that we have handy electronics like portable DVD players!!) or it would have been an even longer drive! This time around we drove a total of 1,217 miles in 3.5 days! It was very fun and Karl is doing great!!! He and JT had a blast playing together. It was sad to have to leave but we will be going back in another couple of months. We didn't really take any pictures this time but one exciting event occurred while we were there--the space shuttle landed at Edward's Air Force Base which is only about 60 miles from where we were staying!! Anyway, I am off to bed--I have been up far too long and drove way too far today!

4 comments:

Lance and Selena Thayne said...

Wow! Good to see Karl, I am sure...long drive though! I am glad that you are able to do that so that Karl can remember what he is working so hard to come home to :)

Potters said...

I'm glad you got to go see Karl! I'm sure it was a much needed visit. I'm glad that all of it went well.

Liz Szilagyi said...

JT looks so happy at Monster Truck show! I love it.

Casie said...

Hey April, thanks for the comment and the congrats. I wanted to let you know that the recipe for the Muddy Buddies is on the box of Chex cereal. That's the recipe I used and they turned out so good. It calls for nine cups of the chex cereal, which is like the whole box, so next time I make them I'll probably cut the recipe in half because we still have a ton of it, but it's been a fun snack for us all to have, too.

Places I've Been